This program, for our students ages 3 - 5, combines elements of ballet, tap, basic music, acro, and creative movement. It is designed to foster basic loco motor skills along with spacial awareness, musicality, rhythm, direction, balance, and listening skills. Combined with these physical and intellectual concepts are fun, self-esteem, dramatic interpretation, and sharing.
About the Class:
• Preschool Rhythm and Moves classes are 1 hour in length.
• Students receive instruction from qualified dance teachers, while parents can observe their classes via HDTV in our climate-controlled lobby. In-class parent observation days will be scheduled often.
• Most students come one time per week, but can attend more than once per week if desired.
• Our student/teacher ratio is a maximum of 8 students per instructor. If there are more than 8 students enrolled in a class, an assistant teacher will be added.
• Morning and evening classes are available.
• Please see our Dress Code regarding what your dancer should wear.
During each 60-minute class students participate in 20 minutes of pre-ballet, 20 minutes of pre-tap, and 20 minutes of acro. Training may even include the use of musical instruments, an introduction to music, dance adventure games, dramatic play, etc.
Group activities begin with “circle time." The next part of the class may include Creative Movement games, dancing across the floor, and learning lots of fun dance steps that will be used in a recital dance. All PS Rhythm and Moves classes will perform 2 dances in our annual recital.